Thursday, December 13, 2012

Anticipation


Anticipation

“Ho, dear, stop fidgeting. You’re making me nervous. I’ve been making this trip for well over a thousand years now. It will go as smooth as skates on ice. I promise.”

“I know, dear. I just don’t want.. It’s getting late, is all.”

“Just one last kiss. I’ll check in at Florida and let you know how I’m getting on.”

“Okay, but if I don’t answer the phone... I might be sleeping, you know.”

“As if you could sleep with me gone all night. I know how you worry. Well, I’m off. Merry Christmas, dear.”

“Merry Christmas.”
At last. He’s gone. My one night off a year. I hope my little red dress still fits.


http://www.trifectawritingchallenge.com/

There is anticipation in the air around these parts.  Anticipation of semesters ending, of reunions with distant loved ones, of sleigh bells on rooftops.  We hope you are all reveling in it instead of being consumed by it.  And we hope you revel in the weekly prompt.  Good luck!

1
a : a prior action that takes into account or forestalls a later action
b : the act of looking forward; especially : pleasurable expectation
2
: the use of money before it is available

6 comments:

  1. This is a fun take on Mr. and Mrs. Claus. Perhaps she will go dancing with one of the elves?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mrs. Claus on a Girls' Night Out? Too funny.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aah! The little red dress on Mrs. Claus! Funny.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha...he thinks she's fidgeting because of worry but she really just wants him to get on his way! Great story :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha! Now what's she going to do in that little dress? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Little red dress, and suddenly Mrs. Claus is sexy!

    ReplyDelete