Friday, December 14, 2012


Dear Santa,

Maybe it’s a stretch, given the incident with fluffy, 
And when I said your lap is comfortable, I meant to compliment, 
not that you’re, like, a big fatty,

Um,
Never Mind.

http://www.trifectawritingchallenge.com/

For many of us, the holiday season is in full force.  Which can be amazing, overwhelming, exhausting and even depressing.  I re-discovered the magic by recalling my favorite holiday movie, Elf.  The wacky humor and the irrepressible optimist, Buddy the elf, can melt the cold, black heart of the Grinchiest of us.  And make us laugh until we turn the snow yellow.

This weekend we're asking you to write 33 words that will make us laugh or smile.  Even a chuckle will do.  We look forward to the communal spirit lifting.  Good luck!

11 comments:

  1. Ha! Very cute. Our local Santa's looking a bit thin...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, this is very cute. But I'm wondering about what happened with fluffy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, Santa's pure bred was ready to be mated, and Mr Clause had paid quite a bit for the stud fee, but fluffy kinda got there first. Unfortunately, the off spring were just to ugly to salvage.

      Delete
  3. lol! Just give Santa another cookie and he'll forget about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm... Choc chip? Oatmeal? With the lil' Mrs worrying about that little red dress of hers, maybe he should lay off the sweets.

      Delete
  4. Say anything to get on the "nice" list!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did Fluffy bite Santa's leg off when he came out of the chimney? My Tina would bark his ears off!
    Funny letter, I love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I mis-read the last line as "not that you're, like me, a fatty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. seriously. I couldn't sit on that man's lap. I'd crush him. And then my husband would break his nose, and it would be a bloody mess, and I'd never make the nice list again.

      Delete
  7. Very cute! I also liked your explanation of "the Fluffy incident" in the comments.
    Super funny!

    ReplyDelete