Sunday, February 10, 2013

This weekend Trifecta was tougher than I expected. I narrowed it down to 3 quotes, and asked 3 different people to pick one. Guess what happened. I'm going for this quote from Watership Down by Richard Adams because I think it gives the biggest punch at the end:

"I am sorry for you with all my heart. You cannot blame us, for you came to kill us if you could."
"Blame you?" answered Vervain. "Blame you for what?"
"For your death."




If I can be allowed, my second choice came from Till We Have Faces by C.S.Lewis. I just really relate to the feeling:

"But when the craving went, nearly all that I called myself went with it... as if my whole soul had been one tooth and now that tooth was drawn. I was a gap."


Thanks all!

Hope to be writing more consistently again soon.  Maybe I'll make it a Lentin discipline.

This weekend we are venturing into uncharted territories once again.  This Trifextra isn't so much a writing challenge; it's more of a reading challenge.  We want you to scour through your favorite pieces of literature and give us the best 33 words you can find. 

3 comments:

  1. it has been a very long time since I've read Watership Down . . . hmmmmm
    :) thanks for the entry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. zomgzomgzomgzomg Watership Down I LOVE THAT BOOK 8D My grandmother gave it to me when I was a teenager because she was going to throw it away and I read it on a whim and since then I must have read it a dozen times over. It has a special place on my bookshelf <3

    ...okay done geeking out again. This weekend challenge is no good for my geek-o-meter it's going to go bust lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've read it so many times I'm on my 3rd tattered copy.

      Delete